2018 Yamaha Sidewinder S‑TX DX 137
Sidewinder S‑TX DX 137
Long Distance Meets Comfort.
Genesis turbocharged engine clicks off the miles fast and fun! Mid-height windshield, semi-rigid saddlebags and comfort package makes this an awesome ride.
- 998 Genesis Turbo Engine: The turbo boosted, one liter triple is unmatched when it comes to delivering incredible power with the refinement and quality you have come to expect from a Yamaha. Designed around a premium turbo unit, every engine component from intake to exhaust, is dedicated to producing uncompromised performance. In only its second year in production the Yamaha turbo has earned the respect and reputation befitting the industries highest achiever. Truly this is the potent venom of a Sidewinder S-TX DX 137 bite.
- YSRC High Performance Clutch System: The YSRC primary and roller secondary clutches were specifically designed for durable, cool operation. They harness and transfer the massive torque produced by the Genesis Turbo, efficiently to the track while minimizing drive belt wear. The primary shifts out aggressively to use all the power on tap while the roller secondary is quick to back-shift and provides additional ratio through its oversize sheaves to keep accelerating long after the others have signed off.
- Dual Shock SR 137 Rear Suspension: The Dual Shock SR 137 rear suspension is the cumulative result of years of punishment and development in snocross and cross-country competition. This long travel suspension offers premium ride comfort with additional bump bridging capabilities, floatation and traction thanks to its stretched length. The SR 137 is a “coupled” suspension that utilizes a unique “sliding” front arm mount. With up to half-inch of movement at the front arm “slot”, the system allows the SR 137 to deliver controlled (reduced) ski-lift during acceleration while still retaining front arm bump compliance.
- Heated Trail Seat: A standard heated seat provides the ultimate in warmth and comfort on even the coldest of winter days. A simple flip of the dash-mounted switch allows you to choose from two settings of warmth allowing you to explore what lies beyond that next curve from sun-up to sundown in complete comfort.
- EBRS Engine Braking Control: The effect of 4-stroke 'engine braking' when the throttle valves are closed has a significant impact on Handling and ride character. Yamaha developed a special system which employs the ISC (idle speed control) circuit and ECU map using throttle valve movement and RPM information to reduce negative intake pressure during deceleration.
- High Tech Turbo: The Nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Supported by premium, ceramic ball bearings, the Inconel turbine blade assembly is very light and strong. This yields a low moment of inertia for lightning quick response to exhaust gas input. Triple throttle bodies are used exclusively to further enhance the quick delivery of compressed air from the impeller to intake valves.
- Mitsubishi Electronic Control Unit: The Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi ECU uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data which it computes using a predetermined memory ‘map’. It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum performance under any condition - reliably.
- Triple Throttle Body Induction: Yamaha wanted an engine that's exceptionally quick to respond with little or no 'lag' as found in a conventional turbo. One of the ways they achieved their goal was to develop an intake system using three separate throttle bodies positioned very close to the intake valves. Instead of just one feeding long intake tubes — something that is not seen in any other production turbo on the planet. And another first for Yamaha with the Genesis turbo.
- Electronic Air Bypass Valve (APV): Unlike conventional turbo 'blow-off' valves, the Yamaha ABV redirects air pressure back into the intake side of the compressor to prevent surge and help maintain impeller speed, always at the ready for the next acceleration with seamless power delivery.
- Liquid Cooled Turbo Body: Engine coolant is circulated through the turbocharger to control both underhood temperature and help cool the intake charge. Upon engine shut down, the convection energy produced by super-heated coolant at the turbo head keeps it circulating without the coolant pump in operation. This eliminates the need for an engine cool down cycle while maintaining high durability in the turbo components.
- Centralized Mass Design: The SRV chassis layout was engineered with the goal of centralizing mass. Approximately 60 percent of the sled's weight is tightly centered within the main triangulation. The result is a quick-Handling, well balanced sled, that's fun to throw around in a wide variety of conditions.
- SRV Front Suspension: The SRV front suspension geometry is aimed at managing spindle camber, resulting in minimized bump-steer and maximized cornering bite giving rider confidence in varying trail conditions. The A-arms are mounted at a 30-degree angle from the sled's centerline to efficiently dissipate impact force throughout the entire chassis. Likewise, the front shocks mount directly to the leading spar so that trail forces are routed to the strongest part of the chassis. Wide a-arm spacing minimizes flex and stress in the front suspension system, which means consistent and confident corner handling.
- Lightweight, Rigid SRV Chassis: The SRV chassis combines a load-bearing triangulated structure with lightweight aluminum construction to create a neutrally balanced sled that's centered on the rider. The pyramidal upper frame creates chassis strength without excessive weight.
- Gen3 Tuner Skis: The latest version of the Yamaha Tuner Ski is lightweight and designed for precise Handling response. A wide selection of carbides can be combined to dial the Tuner to fit any riding style. Replaceable ski tips are available in multiple colors for additional customization.
- HPG Shock Package: The Sidewinder S-TX DX 137 receives a full compliment of proven, aluminum High Pressure Gas shocks with beefy .5 inch shafts front and rear to handle all the challenges the trail can dish out
- Luggage Kit: There is plenty of room to pack lots of gear with the standard, removable saddle bags and a full size, soft tunnel bag. This sled is well equipped for long days and comfortable nights out on the trail.
- Standard Mid-Height Wind Deflector: Escape the wind and winter’s chill with a sculpted, functional windshield. A small lip at the top deflects wind and snow up and over the rider at speed, while flared edges provided added protection and warmth for your hands.
- Digital Gauge : Full-featured and easy to read, the digital gauge displays critical information in a glance including speed, fuel level, trip mileage, tach and more. We even included a clock so you can watch the time fly.
- Push Button Reverse: Convenient handlebar positioning makes shifting to and from reverse easy with just the push of your thumb. A servo motor shifts the drivetrain into reverse simply and consistently. An audible warning beeper reminds you when you are still in reverse.
- Standard Electric Start: Yamaha's electric starter system allows you to fire up your Sidewinder with the turn of a key. There is no pulling on a nylon cord to get this high-tech engine growling! And you don't pay more - Electric start is a standard feature on all of Yamaha's 4-stroke machines.
- Engine Type: Turbocharged, Liquid Cooled 4 Stroke
- Cylinders / Displacement: 3-cylinder / 998cc
- Bore and Stroke: 80 x 66.2mm
- Fuel Delivery: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Clutch/Transmission: YSRC
- Brakes: Hydraulic disc
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Push Button
- Fuel Capacity: 8.9 gal. (33.61 L)
- Front Suspension: Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Shocks: Monotube Alum-HP GAS-1.5
- Front Travel: 10 in. (254mm)
- Ski Type: Tuner III
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock SR 137
- Rear Shock(s): Monotube Alum-HP GAS-1.5
- Rear Travel: 13.5 in. (343mm)
- Length: 125 in. (3175mm)
- Width: 48 in. (1219mm)
- Track / W x L x H: 15 x 137 x 1.25 in. (381 x 3480 x 31.8mm)
- Track Type: Camoplast® Ripsaw™II
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 42 in. (1067mm) adjustable
- Windshield: Medium 20.1 in. (512mm)
- Mirrors: Optional
- Hand/Thumb Warmers: Standard
- Headlight Watts, Type: LED
- DC Output: Automotive
- Heated Seat: Standard, Hi/Lo
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Ride responsibly and always ride within your capabilities, allowing time and distance for maneuvering, and respect others around you. Know the conditions. Observe all state and local laws. Never drive or ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation.
- Engine Type
- Turbocharged, 4 Stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 80 x 66.2mm
- Engine Cooling
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Brake Type
- Hydraulic disc
- Drive Clutch
- Front Suspension
- Front Suspension: Independent, Double Wishbone; Front Shocks: Monotube Alum-HP GAS-1.5
- Front Travel
- 10 in. (254mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock SR 137; Rear Shock(s): Monotube Alum-HP GAS-1.5
- Rear Travel
- 13.5 in. (343mm)
- Ski Type
- Tuner III
- Ski Stance
- 42 in. (1067mm) adjustable
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Ripsaw™II
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 137 x 1.25 in. (381 x 3480 x 31.8mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.9 gal. (33.61 L)
- Medium 20.1 in. (512mm)
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Push Button